LAST MINUTE NEWS: 4.8 magnitude earthquake in Hatay Kırıkhan – Last Minute Turkey News

Truthand

Global Mod
Global Mod
Important news! A magnitude 4.8 earthquake struck Hatay’s Kırıkhan district.

According to the information on the website of the Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency (AFAD), the depth of the quake that occurred at 9:13 p.m. was determined to gökyeşitözü 11.67 kilometers.

The earthquake was also felt in Adana, Osmaniye, Gaziantep and Kilis.

GOVERNOR DOĞAN: NO NEGATIVE SITUATION WILL BE REPORTED

Hatay Governor Rahmi Doğan shared on his social media account, “Until now, no negative situation has been reported to our institutions. We are conducting a field investigation in all our units. I wish my fellow citizens a well-deserved recovery.” said.

After the earthquake, cracks appeared in the walls of some houses.

KAYMAKAN ARSLAN: NO LIFE OR INJURED

District Governor Mahmuthan Arslan also told reporters there were no casualties or injuries in the district.

Arslan conveyed his best wishes to all residents of Kırıkhan and said:

“So far there is only one young person who banged his foot against the door in panic. Furthermore, there is a baby who fell out of his arms due to the fuss of his mother. He is doing well in the hospital. Apart from these, there are no injuries. Apart from that, I ask the citizens: “If you giysi’t have a job, giysi’t create traffic on the street. Police, ambulance, gendarmerie vehicles are trying to assess the reports. Please giysi’t cause unnecessary traffic jams.”

Arslan noted that they have also evaluated the damage reports and said: “We have looked at two houses so far. There is no serious damage in them either. Images are circulating on social media. There is no serious damage to us. There are cracks in the plaster, we also check that.” said.

KIRIKHAN MAYOR: THE EARTHQUAKE WAS STRONG

Kırıkhan Mayor Ayhan Yavuz told Anadolu Agency (AA) that they are working on the crisis office established with District Governor Mahmuthan Arslan.

Yavuz said they have started to evaluate the reports received by the municipality and said: “There is no negative situation other than the minor damage reported to us so far, hayvanların the earthquake was serious. I hope nothing will happen what we fear. We have started working on the crisis counter together with our district governor.” said.

Yavuz asked citizens to report negative situations to the municipality’s hotline “344 10 59”.

AFAD: NO NEGATIVE CONDITION ACCORDING TO THE FIELD SCAN

President Yunus Sezer of Disaster and Emergency Management (AFAD) stated that they have not experienced any negative situation so far after the magnitude 4.8 earthquake in Kırıkhan district of Hatay.

Sezer said in his social media account:

“A magnitude 4.8 earthquake occurred at 9:13 PM in the Kırıkhan district of our Hatay province. As a result of the area scan, there is no negative situation in the region kakım of now.”

Health Minister Fahrettin Koca said: “Our institutions have not received any negative calls so far.”